Developer: Crayder Studios
Release date: September 26 2017 (Full Release), December 16 2015 (Early Access)
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
Regular Price: USD $11.99
Wishmere is a brawler-fighting game that gives you the power and creativity to fight your battles your way. Fight in a world where the ‘Wishmere’, an ancient order of heroes chosen by fate, stand between the malevolent Doubt and his world conquest. Play with friends in local matches, discover the story of Wishmere or survive and conquer over 30+ challenge maps!
Wishmere first entered development in July 2015. Like the original Samurai Shodown, Wishmere was initially designed as an old-school beat ’em up with fighting game mechanics. The early version of Wishmere was launched on Steam Early Access in December 2015. As development progressed, the dev team realized that the fighting game element in the game was what players enjoyed most and it was also what they were most passionate about.
Wishmere was then redesigned to be an inclusive easy-execution but deep brawler-fighter. Ahead of it’s release, Wishmere is looking to be a good start for players new to the fighting game genre, where they can learn an array of widespread fundamentals and enjoy the genre. Wishmere is set to leave Early Access and fully released soon.
- Play It Your Way: variety of fully featured game modes for every type of player: single player, local versus and co-op.
- Easy inputs: all attacks; normals, Abilities and Supers, can be performed by pressing a direction and a button– no complex motions, focus on playing the game!
- Easy to play, hard to master: easy inputs allow you to hit the ground running, but loaded with deep and rewarding gameplay.
- Tutorial Mode: beginners can learn the the game’s mechanics, step-by-step.
- Fate: bend time and capitalize by unleashing your time manipulation powers.
- Up to 4 players: play versus or co-op with friends up to 4 players.
- Started development in July 2015, originally as a beat ’em up.
- Wishmere is a labor of love: the work of 2 individuals over 2 years & 2 months, developing the entire game independently, other than music and 3 additional backgrounds.
- 9,027 frames of total character animation (excluding other graphical assets like HUD, portraits & menus)
- Over 550,000 lines of code.
- All sounds were created independently, through either editing & manipulation of free sound library sounds (90% of all sounds in game) or through foleys (10%).
Crayder Studios gives you full permission to create and upload videos (including but not limited to gameplay, Let’s Plays, reviews, speed runs, commentary) of Wishmere to video sharing and / or streaming sites. Crayder Studios gives explicit and legal permission for you to monetize videos of Wishmere. You can find this statement at: http://crayder.com/wishmere/presskit/.
If you would like a PDF copy of this statement, you can find it at: http://crayder.com/wishmere/files/crayderstudios-video_monetization.pdf.
Game Design, Sprites, Story & Narrative, Stage Assets
Programming, Sound Design, Marketing
Stage Art: Ice Wasteland, Space Station
Stage Art: Sewers
Jaime “Jaimito” Herrera